Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Digital Love Affair

I have have had my Droid for two weeks, and I must admit. I am in LOVE. Yes, I realize that it is not normal behavior for a girl to fall in love with an electronic device, but I really can't help it, it has changed my life. OK, I realize that needs explaining, so here goes. My CD player died in my car over a year ago, and honestly Houston doesn't have the greatest variety of radio stations. I love smooth and urban jazz, and those choices are not available to me. My husband has a newer car so he has XM radio, but poor me I was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

In steps my Droid, which gives me BOTH Pandora Radio and Slacker Personal Radio (I know, who comes up with these domain names?)  But both of these allow me to have GREAT radio in my car (much better than my husband's FM by the way.) Other than the radio, which alone made the purchase worthwhile, are my other apps! I love having my G-mail, Google Talk, and Google Voice on my phone. Then there is the Key Ring App (OMG!) that allows me to scan in all of those tiny little store discount thingys. Last by not lease are my StarTrek Apps. I have every Star Trek Ringtone known to man... make that woman, and I even have a Phaser AND a Tricorder, TAKE THAT!!! Oh yeah, and it is a decent phone too.

Now on the Shoe Front, my good friend and Soror Nina has release Episode 1 of "She's Got IsShoes" on her web site.

Here it is for your enjoyment:


1 comment:

Greg G said...

I think Pandora has saved me from boredom on more than just one occasion.