Thursday, August 24, 2006

Say What? Pluto is not a Planet?

I was already upset when I found out my favorite TV Show, Stargate SG1, was not being renewed after 10 seasons, then today I get the news that Pluto is not a planet. News like this makes you wonder, WTF?

There are some thinks that we think we know for sure... The earth is round, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and there are nine planets. Well so much for what we know!

That's right, Pluto's out!

Discovered by American Clyde Tombaugh in 1930, Pluto has been considered a planet my entire life. But today, the International Astronomical Union (who the heck are these guys?) voted to remove Pluto as a planet. You know you got a lot a clout when you can ban a planet.

Now our solar system consist of 8 planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune) and 4 plutons or Pluto-like entities: Pluto itself, Ceres, 2003 UB313 and Charon.

Now Moms everywhere are scrambling to revamp those science fair projects (Not to mention all the textbooks and encyclopedias publishers.)

So now I sit Plutoless, watching Stargate SG1 reruns, and saving-up to complete my SG1 DVD Collection.

No comments: