Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's Hard Out Here for a P...

Y'all know the rest! LOL!!!

OK Y'all, what kind of Memphis girl would I be, if I was not be proud of my homeboys, even if the lyrics to the song appear to be a little foul. You must admit the tune is catchy and it is a fun song to sing.

With all of that said a big congrats goes out to Three 6 Mafia for wining the Oscar for Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song, It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp from the movie Hustle & Flow (I hadn't been that excited since Isaac Hayes won for Shaft - They say that Shaft's a bad mother shut-yo-mouth!)

Didn't our girl Shug (Taraji P. Henson) clean up well for the show! Shoot I didn't even recognize her! You go girl!!!

Of the three choices, it really was the most "original" song, no doubt. I loved the movie Crash, but I swear, I don't even remember the song In the Deep. And although my other Tennessee home girl, Dolly Parton, was getting down sing Travelin Thru, you must admit the lyrics to that song are no way as memorable as "It is hard out here for a pimp!"

I was disappointed that Terrence Howard did not win the Oscar for his performance in Hustle and Flow, and I was equally disappointed that he was not nominated as best supporting actor in Crash. He did an outstanding job in both movies, and showed his wide range as a seasoned actor.

I was excited that Crash won for Best Motion Picture of the Year. It was an excellent movie, if you missed in on the big screen, be sure to check it out on DVD. It is a must see movie!

Now back to our song....

You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin)
When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin)


No comments: