Monday, June 09, 2008

Tech Talk: My New Gadget (and a couple of cool sites)

I recently had an ergonomic assessment. This is where they tell you everything that you are doing wrong in your work space, lol! Surprisingly, I got good grades. I was told that I had excellent posture (thanks Mama) and that the fact I like my keyboard in my lap turned out to also be a good thing. But what I did get out of the assessment was a semi-ergonomic key board and an Evoluent mouse. (http://www.evoluent.com/vm3.html).

Well, now I have the coolest mouse at NASA! I feel very “space-age, thank-you-very-much! Yeah, yeah it helps your wrist, yada, yada, yada.. but most important it looks good!

www.evoluent.com


Check out these Music Web Site -

Pandora: http://www.pandora.com

Last year one of my friends, Gloria Armstrong, introduced me to Pandora.com. This has got to be one of the coolest websites ever! What Pandora does is lets you create your own radio station(s). You select either your favorite genres or artist, and like magic you have your own radio station… and it is free!

imeen: http://www.imeem.com/

I am not really that big on social networks. I set up MySpace when it first started, and lost my userid and password, and never found them… oh well. I have never even seen a face book site, and I am still not sure about Linkin. However, I do like blogging basically because I have a record of really cool things I have done, or really cool things I have seen.

imeen is a really cool site and although it is also a social network, I just think the tools it provides are fantastic. It allows users to discover interact and express themselves
with media, including music, video and photos, and form connections based on shared tastes and interests. But what I like about it most is that it allows you to create online playlist. I am not an expert yet, but so far, I really like what I have seen.

No comments: