Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy New Year and Tech Talk...

I truly believe there is nothing like a cheap DVD player.


Cheap DVD Players will play any darn thing, unlike those fancy models. I had an APEX that I wore completely out, I loved it because there was no limit to what it was willing to play, lol! Well after a little searching, I finally found a pretty good replacement.


I purchased a "Philips DVP3960 Multiformat 1080i Upscaling DVD Player with DivX, MP3, Windows Media Support" from Amazon.com, and I really like it. It is not high def or blue ray, but it has a great picture and will play all type of movie formats.

I created a data DVD that has 6 DivX Movies on it, and I was able to navigate the folders to play the selected movies. So far, I am really pleased. I paid $69.99 for it, but I had some Amazon.com money (much like Monopoly Money), so it ended up costing me about $15.00 bucks.

This week Circuit City has a similar model on sale for $39.00.







Philips DVD/DivX Player - Model #: PHL DVP3140


Besides DivX, this DVD player also plays DVD, DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW, MP3, WMA, JPEG and SVCD formatshttp://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Philips-DVD-DivX-Player-DVP3140-37/sem/rpsm/oid/174777/catOid/-12872/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

So if you are looking for a inexpensive 'play-any-damn-thing' type of DVD player you might want to check this one out!

1 comment:

Redeye said...

Happy New Year and thanks for the tech talk. The new year finds this old dog trying to learn new tech tricks. My hubby got me a fancy new digital camera for Christmas, and a fancy new Blackberry for my birthday. They both have instruction BOOKS.

Looking forward to reading and enjoying your blog.